SEMI International Standards
Task Force Organization Form (TFOF)
Task Force Name: Heater Jacket Task Force
|Global Technical Committee: Gases|
|Originating Technical Committee Region: North America|
The continuing demand for higher performance jacketing heater systems in the semiconductor-manufacturing sector is beginning to require standardization due numerous issues impacting the customer/user base and the manufacturers of heater systems for the semiconductor equipment industry.
Below elements define the various aspect of standard consideration for jacketing heating in semi.
These standards/guidelines can be categorized into five basic sectors of heater jacket activity
1. Materials to heat – direct conductive heating of metals for weldments and valves – and the transfer heating of gases, liquid and vapor flow within the weldment and valving systems therein.
2. Range of temperatures and system performance to be achieved, uniformity, repeatability, speed l
3. Environmental factors – immediate environment of the heater, pressurized gas box and ambient heat loads.
4. Human environmental heater performance factors – outgas issues, cleanliness to manufacturing, and temperature tolerance of materials.
5. Test and verification procedures for heater performance and life cycle determination.
Any one of the above mentioned factors could have major effect on the customer and manufacturer of the heater system due to poor performance creating down time.
3. Formal linkages with Task Forces in other Regions:
Facilities committee related task force
Task Force formed on: 11/04/2008
Copyright ©2014 Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI®). All rights reserved.