SEMI International Standards
TASK FORCE ORGANIZATION FORM (TFOF)
Revised (if Applicable):
Name of Task Force (TF):
Heater Jacket Task Force
Global Technical Committee:
Originating Technical Committee Region:
(State the objective of the proposed TF.)
The continuing demand for higher performance jacketing heater systems in the semiconductor-manufacturing sector is beginning to require standardization due numerous issues impacting the customer/user base and the manufacturers of heater systems for the semiconductor equipment industry.
(Define the specific activities that the TF will conduct.)
Below elements define the various aspect of standard consideration for jacketing heating in semi.
These standards/guidelines can be categorized into five basic sectors of heater jacket activity
1. Materials to heat – direct conductive heating of metals for weldments and valves – and the transfer heating of gases, liquid and vapor flow within the weldment and valving systems therein.
2. Range of temperatures and system performance to be achieved, uniformity, repeatability, speed l
3. Environmental factors – immediate environment of the heater, pressurized gas box and ambient heat loads.
4. Human environmental heater performance factors – outgas issues, cleanliness to manufacturing, and temperature tolerance of materials.
5. Test and verification procedures for heater performance and life cycle determination.
Any one of the above mentioned factors could have major effect on the customer and manufacturer of the heater system due to poor performance creating down time.
3. Formal linkages with TFs in other Regions/Locales:
(Show each associated TF and its parent global technical committee; indicate nature of relationship – global TF, observer TF, etc.)
Facilities committee related task force
4. Formation Date:
(TF formed on)
Task Force formed on:
Task Force approved by Committee/GCS on: