SEMI International Standards
Task Force Organization Form (TFOF)
Task Force Name: PV Silicon Materials Task Force
|Global Technical Committee: Photovoltaic (PV) - Materials|
|Originating Technical Committee Region: Europe|
Silicon based solar cells and modules are the backbone of current PV industry. In spite of the huge market involved only rudimentary standardization has been established so far, in particular for all kind of Si materials used in producing solar cells and modules. Therefore the new task force will focus on
- Developing and maintaining standards regarding specifications for bulk silicon materials used in manufacturing solar cells
- Identify missing standardized test methods for PV Silicon Materials
- Defining and developing common understanding of terms used in PV industry
- Educating industry in new standards
-Develop new standardized test methods for PV Si Materials
In near term the TF will set up a working group for developing specifications for solar grade Si feedstock, perform teleconferences and meetings, and will present the results at SEMI Standards meetings. This activity will outline also gaps in test methods that are needed for assessing the quality of solar grade Si.
Other potential activities of the TF may include developing or revising specifications for Si wafers for PV applications – multicrystalline as well as single crystalline.
3. Formal linkages with Task Forces in other Regions:
NA PV Materials TF
Task Force formed on: 09/22/2009
Copyright ©2014 Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI®). All rights reserved.