SEMI International Standards
Task Force Organization Form (TFOF)
Task Force Name: Photovoltaic – Equipment Interface Specification (PV-EIS)
|Global Technical Committee: Automation Technology|
|Originating Technical Committee Region: Europe|
Development of a suite of standards to specify and define a unified equipment communication interface for photovoltaic (PV) production systems.
Existing and already specified equipment interfaces according to SECS/GEM or Interface A are not suitable for PV, because there are different production philosophies in manufacturing control (job shop vs. flow manufacturing) and there is an infringement of important automation philosophies (single wire).
1) To evaluate the usage models (use cases) of known clients of the interface and identify key expectations of those clients. 2) To evaluate existing SEMI and other industry standards which are applicable to the problem and identify gaps or synergies with expectations. 3) Evaluate options - extend existing industry standards and SEMI standards in particular. 4) To define a framework for this interface and a related standards development roadmap. 5) To select technologies which best support the goals of PV equipment communication . 6) To define the representation of data accessed via the interface (read - functionality).
7) To define mechanisms for advanced equipment and process control (command - functionality). 8) Provide implementation directive (mappings, bindings) - Result will be mapped to industry-standard software technologies.
9) To define what this interface does NOT cover.
10) To define and specify test methods and test criteria to fulfill PV equipment interface standard compliance.
3. Formal linkages with Task Forces in other Regions:
Task Force formed on: 09/07/2007
Copyright ©2014 Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI®). All rights reserved.