Activity Number: 4946
SNARF for: Line Item Revision to SEMI E87-0709, Specification for Carrier Management (CMS) and E87.1-0707 Provisional Specification for SECS-ⅡProtocol for Carrier Management (CMS)
SEMI International Standards
SEMI New Activity Report Form (SNARF)
1. Rationale: It is to improve efficiency of carrier transport, and It shall require that semiconductor equipment sends carrier transfer request more quickly than 'READY TO UNLOAD' of Load Port Transfer State Model (LPTSM)
|Originating Global Technical Committee: Information & Control|
|Originating Technical Committee Region: Korea|
|Task Force in which work is to be carried out: GEM 300 Task Force|
Rate the Estimated Effect on the Industry
1: Major effect on entire industry or on multiple important industry sectors
Rate the Estimated Technical Difficulty of the Activity
III: Difficult - Limited expertise and resources exist and/or achieving consensus difficult
a: Define the areas to be covered or addressed by this activity or document:
Develop line items modifications to the E87 standard and E87.1 , addressing the following areas
Line Item #1
- Add new status model and transition table.
- Add new property on table 6 at section 10.3.4 Carrier Attribute Definition Table in E87
-Add new user configurable variables for new features.
Line Item #2
- Remove "Provisional" from the E87.1 title
b: Expected result of activity
Revision to an existing Standard/Guideline
3. Projected Timetable for Completion:
|a: General Milestones|
|a. Activity Start: 03/28/2010||b. 1st Draft by: 08/29/2012|
|c. Preballot by: ||d. Technical Ballot by: 09/01/2012|
|e. Committee Approval By:12/25/2013|
The resulting document is expected NOT to be a Safety Guideline
Intellectual Property Considerations:
a. In complying with the standard or safety guideline to be developed, the use of patented technology or a copyrighted item(s) is NOT required
b. The body of the standard and any appendices or related information sections will NOT include copyrighted material
Comments, Special Circumstances: 1. It is originally submitted by Korea Factory Automation WG and approved by NA I&CC in Mar 31, 2010.
After Korea has I&CC, the activity transferred from NA I&CC to Korea I&CC in May 26, 2011.
2. It was submitted as a new standard but it is revised as "Revision" in Sept 22, 2011
3. It was reapproved with scope revision in Aug 29, 2012
4. The title revised in November 8, 2012
5. Line item was added to remove "Provisional" from the E87.1 title
Approval: Activity approved by Committee/GCS on November 8, 2013
Copyright ©2014 Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI®). All rights reserved.