Activity Number: 4946
SNARF for: Revision to SEMI E87-0709, Specification for Carrier Management (CMS)
SEMI International Standards
SEMI New Activity Report Form (SNARF)
1. Rationale: It is to improve efficiency of carrier transport, and It shall require that semiconductor equipment sends carrier transfer request more quickly than 'READY TO UNLOAD' of Load Port Transfer State Model (LPTSM)
|Originating Global Technical Committee: Information & Control|
|Originating Technical Committee Region: Korea|
|Task Force in which work is to be carried out: GEM 300 Task Force|
Rate the Estimated Effect on the Industry
1: Major effect on entire industry or on multiple important industry sectors
Rate the Estimated Technical Difficulty of the Activity
III: Difficult - Limited expertise and resources exist and/or achieving consensus difficult
a: Define the areas to be covered or addressed by this activity or document:
Develop line item modifications to the E87 standard, addressing the following areas:
- Add new status model and transition table.
- Add new property on table 6 at section 10.3.4 Carrier Attribute Definition Table.
-Add new user configurable variables for new feature.
b: Expected result of activity
Revision to an existing Standard/Guideline
3. Projected Timetable for Completion:
|a: General Milestones|
|a. Activity Start: 03/28/2010||b. 1st Draft by: 08/29/2012|
|c. Preballot by: ||d. Technical Ballot by: 09/01/2012|
|e. Committee Approval By:12/25/2013|
The resulting document is expected NOT to be a Safety Guideline
Intellectual Property Considerations:
a. In complying with the standard or safety guideline to be developed, the use of patented technology or a copyrighted item(s) is NOT required
b. The body of the standard and any appendices or related information sections will NOT include copyrighted material
Comments, Special Circumstances: 1. It is originally submitted by Korea Factory Automation WG and approved by NA I&CC in Mar 31, 2010.
After Korea has I&CC, the activity transferred from NA I&CC to Korea I&CC in May 26, 2011.
2. It was submitted as a new standard but it is revised as "Revision" in Sept 22, 2011
3. It was reapproved with scope revision in Aug 29, 2012
Approval: Activity approved by Committee/GCS on August 29, 2012
Copyright ©2013 Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI®). All rights reserved.